Everything you need to know about nutrition, nutrients, and labeling
A vital resource for Food Industry Professionals, this guide is newly revised to reflect the latest FDA changes to the daily values for many nutrients. The guide covers nutrition basics and current research that is applicable for food technologists and all those working within the food industry and related fields.
What is Covered in The Nutrition Quick Reference Guide:
- The Dietary Guidelines for Americans (DGA) 5 Guiding Principles
- Summary of Pending Label Changes in infographic format
- Vitamins, Minerals, and Micronutrients Table – including the new daily values for each nutrient, sources, and functions of the nutrient.
- Fats – Overview, function, and recommended intakes.
- Cholesterol – Overview, function, and recommended intakes.
- Calories – Overview, calories-per-gram table, and recommended intakes.
- Body Mass Index (BMI) – Overview and Reference table.
- Carbohydrates - Overview, function, and recommended intakes.
- Protein - Overview, function, and recommended intakes by age group.
- Health Conditions – Nutrients grouped by their role in supporting various health conditions, such as bone health, cardiovascular health, eye health, fitness, immunity, and metabolism.
- Vitamins, Minerals, and Micronutrients Table
- Calories per Gram: Carbohydrates, Fat, Protein, and Alcohol
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Protein RDI by age group
Use the form on this page to download the Nutrition Quick Reference Guide